Sherlock Separator 4.0 represents the next generation of the most reliable three-way sorting solution on the market, specifically designed for whole potatoes.
- Further enhanced performance in terms of detection reliability and yield savings
- Latest Chemical Imaging Technology CIT® 3rd Gen
- Highest defect detection reliability by means of high resolution true color rgb cameras
- Real-time artificial intelligence
- Newest generation lighting system
- Enhanced software for most precise sorting results and improved usability
- Optimised design for an even better product flow and increased yield.
These innovations, combined with the well proven systems, such as the Separator Rejection System and Automatic Peeler Control, ensure the highest foreign body detection, efficient data management and minimisation of operating costs by improved energy efficiency and yield. We offer the most comprehensive 3-way and 4-way sorting solution that includes color, shape and chemical defect detection. The whole potato sorter is able to detect all kinds of foreign materials and defects such as sugar ends, scab, rot, green and glassy potatoes. Thanks to InlineFOODlab4.0, “Repeel“ and size sorting functions are standard, as is comprehensive data provision in line with the latest Industry 4.0 requirements.
- DETECTION OF FOREIGN BODIES
- DETECTION OF COLOR DEFECTS
- DETECTION OF SHAPE DEFECTS
- DETECTION OF CHEMICAL DEFECTS (E.G. SUGAR ENDS, GLASSINESS) PATENT GRANTED
- PEEL DETECTION (REPEEL FUNCTION)
- SORTING BY SIZE (LENGTH AND WIDTH)
- INTEGRATED PEEL SCANNER
- 3-WAY AND 4-WAY SORTING
- SEPARATOR REJECTION SYSTEM
- SIZE STATISTICS
- DEFECT STATISTICS
- REJECT STATISTICS
- REAL-TIME ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- REMOTE ACCESS
SOME APPLICATION EXAMPLES
PROCESSED FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Separator Rejection System
The Insort Safeguard Rejection System deploys a flap that completely blocks the free fall route taken by acceptable products. In contrast with other systems, this does not focus on the foreign body's center of gravity. The flap is instead activated from the beginning to the end of the object. This enables very large or heavy objects (wood, stone) or long thin objects (e.g. potato haulm) to be removed reliably. Early deployment means that foreign objects are safely diverted to the reject duct and not “shot out”. This prevents objects (such as golf balls) jumping back in or shattering (e.g. glass). Ancillary flaps can also be deployed for increased security.
SOME DEFECT EXAMPLES
Peel Scan Funktion
The Sherlock Food Analyser's well‑known Peel Scan Function is fully integrated into the Sherlock Separator 4.0. CIT® enables any residual skin left on steam‑peeled potatoes to be continually and precisely measured in‑line. . Timings for the steam peeler, which is positioned at the front of the machine, are controlled automatically by a separate program, to optimize yield. CIT® differentiates reliably between peelings, scab or other defects and is unaffected by type of potato, length of storage or thickness of skin. The need for continual adjustments to programs as the season progresses is a thing of the past. Experience demonstrates the enormous potential for savings delivered by this unique function alone.